Solarwinds Orion Network Tools Overview – NEW!
Orion Network Performance Monitor
Solarwinds’ Orion Network Performance Monitor is designed to help you locate, troubleshoot and fix network performance issues and downtime. Orion NPM gives a top-down view of the network, mapping out various data points for analysis.
Orion NPM Overview:
- Up to 10 different views of your entire network with drill-down capability.
- Can be deployed without consulting or installation services from Solarwinds
- Upgrade-friendly with capility for add-on a hot standby engine, multiple polling engines, and additional web servers
- Enables NetFlow traffic analysis, VoIP monitoring, IP address management, network configuration management, as well as application and server performance management.
Orion Network Configuration Manager
Orion Network Configuration Manager | Download (30 Day Trial)
Orion Network Configuration Manager is designed to speed up and simplify the management of network config files in multi-vendor network environments via a simple web UI that enables easy access to device configuration data and templates. Additionally, Orion Network Configuration Manager continually monitors router and switch configurations for changes that could be user-impacting.
Orion NCM lets you skip manually Telnet-ing or SSH-accessing your devices to update configuration settings. Orion NCM’s reporting features create and analyze compliance reports to ensure your devices are keeping up with regulatory and in-house policy requirements.
Orion NCM Overview:
- Get instant visibility into any dependency issues between configuration management errors and network performance
- Real-time alerting for config changes to prevent and resolve to unauthorized, unscheduled, or erroneous device config changes
- Config policy violation detection enabling compliance with federal regulations and corporate standards
- Fully automatic backup routines for all network device configurations rapidly changing network topologies
Orion Netflow Traffic Analyzer
Orion Netflow Traffic Analyzer Download (30 Day Trial)
Orion NetFlow Traffic Analyzer captures data from continuous streams of network traffic and converts that raw data into highly-readable charts and tables that tells you exactly what your network usage looks like, who’s using it and where. Orion NTA also has CBQoS monitoring to ensure the policies preset are actually providing mission-critical traffic with the highest level of priority. Orion NTA gives you a top-down view of your network traffic, any bottlenecks, lets you identify and isolate high-bandwidth users.
Orion Netflow Traffic Analyzer Highpoints:
- Locates which users, applications, and protocols are using the most network bandwidth and reveals the IP addresses of the top users or devices on the network
- Monitors the pulse of the network by capturing raw flow data from network devices, including Cisco® NetFlow v5 or v9, Juniper® J-Flow, IPFIX, and sFlow®
- Helps you drill down into traffic details on certain network elements, using multiple views to get the view you need
- Helps you source fault, performance, and configuration problems through integration with Orion Network Performance Manager and Orion Network Configuration Manager
Orion Enterprise Operations Console
Orion Enterprise Operations Console | Download (30 Day Trial)
Orion Enterprise Operations Console works as a consolidated command center to monitor and manage complete global networks. OCM enables unified visibility into remote Orion servers running Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM) and its installed add-on modules.
Setup for Orion EOC is turn-key without the need for professional configuration or install services. Basically: no consultants required. Orion EOC’s WAN-optimized architecture is designed to scale as your network gets more complex, and allows monitoring for several hundred devices and up to millions of other network elements via consolidation of remote Orion command modules on disperate networks.
Orion IP Address Manager
Orion IP Address Manager (IPAT) Download (Free)
Basically, this free tool is designed to replace keeping track of IP address allocation and permissions in a giant spreadsheet. We especially like this tool for keeping track of VMs and mobile devices on the network, particularly due to the rate of change in IP address allocation in virtual platforms.
Orion IP Address Manager (IPAM) helps you plan and schedule IP address space allotments through LUCID web UI. IPAM is available as a standalone free tool separate from use only with other Orion modules. Highly recommended.
IP Address Management Software Features:
- Manage your entire IP infrastructure from an easy web-based console
- Keep your subnets and DHCP scopes from filling up with preventative alert notifications
- Run maintenance scans on your Cisco IOS DHCP and Microsoft® DHCP servers for IP address changes
- Create IPv6 subnets and plan your IPv6 migrations
- Create, schedule, and share reports showing IP address space percent utilization
- Coordinate team access with role-based access control to keep track who made each change
- Determine what device had a specific IP address at a given point in time with historical address tracking
- Scan and track unused IP addresses for free and only pay for managing the IP addresses that you are using
- Locate non-responsive IP addresses to optimize your IP allocations
Orion IP SLA Monitor
Orion IP SLA Manager | Download (30 Day Trial)
Solarwinds’ Orion IP SLA Manager is designed to zero-in on site-specific or WAN-related network performance issues based on the view you would see if you were actually on-site. This is a new add-on for Orion NPM, which helps locate which devices on your network actually support IP SLA and automatically setup operations for those devices. Orion IP SLA also lets you monitor key WAN applications by taking the performance-pulse of underlying network protocols, including DNS lookups, FTP, HTTP, TCP connect, and UDP jitter, while continuing to monitor VoIP call paths.