SevOne, the world’s most scalable performance monitoring platform, today announced the release of its Application Performance Appliance (APA) (Download Here) to supports its goal of improving network troubleshooting for the world’s most connected companies. The APA converts packets into NetFlow records that SevOne uses to gain insight into network traffic and application content. By linking device data from SNMP to the traffic data and flow records, SevOne helps customers reduce their mean time to identify performance impacting events.
The APA makes critical application-level details available in a ‘single pane of glass’ view. With the APA in place, customers can navigate from utilization statistics and performance alerts into an analysis of application traffic.
“Our customers requested that we easily integrate application performance data into the network performance picture and the APA makes that possible,” said Vess Bakalov, Chief Technology Officer and Co-Founder, SevOne, Inc.
In addition to the APA, SevOne also released significant appliance-wide software enhancements today for its network and IT performance management solution, including:
- Quick Start Wizard – Simplifies the initial discovery of devices and SevOne appliance configuration.
- Stock Reports – Ten new pre-built reports address the most common IT performance management reporting needs without the need for end-user configuration.
- Universal Search – A single search field for anything users may be looking for, including devices, groups, UI pages, alerts, and policies.
- Ad hoc Group Reporting – Provides the ability to report on group indicator performance over time (multiple indicators across multiple aggregations) and drill down to individual member performance.
- Internationalization – Provides support for UTF-16 (16-bit Unicode Transformation Format) which covers translation to simple Chinese and Japanese characters.
“SevOne version 5.3 is a breakthrough from a usability perspective,” said Bakalov. “We’ve always been known to deliver rapid time to value because our appliance is so easy to deploy – even for the largest of network environments. Now, we’ve taken it a step further by providing out-of-the-box features and reports that deliver insight about the health of our customers’ infrastructures without the need for manual configuration.”
SevOne provides the world’s fastest, most scalable IT monitoring and reporting platform, delivered as ‘all-in-one’ appliances, that help you detect and avoid performance events before they impact your business. SevOne invented a proprietary, next-generation distributed technology, called the SevOne Cluster™, that combines the cutting edge principles behind peer-to-peer sharing and big data analytics to scale smoothly so that millions of network elements, across all monitoring technologies, can be monitored and provide a single view to the user. Hundreds of customers, including the top cable companies, wireless network and managed service providers, and top financial services institutions rely on SevOne to run their businesses.